How to score 10A* in IGCSE Part (III)

Hey guys! As promised, here's yet another continuation of  "How to get 10A* in IGCSE".

PART (III)

7. Consistency



This sounds extremely cliche, but procrastinating & only studying when exams approach is a big no no.

Unless of course, you are effortlessly brilliant and can absorb information like a sponge, then eh, I hate you HAHA but assuming that most of us are normal students, I cannot emphasise enough on the importance of keeping a steady pace.

What do I mean by that?

At the start of every week, set your mind to complete 1 chapter of each subject by the end of the week. Set reasonable goals and stick strictly to it (or at least try to). Consistency is key to ensuring that you don't accumulate a mountain of information to digest just days away from your trials and stuff. At least 3 months before your IGCSEs, you should already be done with your syllabus and should be starting on past year papers.

I finished my IGCSE syllabus at the start of February this year and did past year papers until the month of May, and even then I didn't finish as much as I would've wanted to, but eh, you learn from your mistakes. Keep a steady pace, y'all.

8. Making notes




Ahhh, the crux of why my dad thinks that I can't study. One look at my notes and he goes: Is this how you study? Is this how you make notes? Copying the entire textbook?? Highlighting everything???

Here's the thing: Notes are supposed to be concise, precise and the ONLY thing you read when revising. If you still need to refer to your textbooks for supplementary information, then your notes aren't helpful, are they?

I myself am not great at making notes, but remember: structure your notes in a short, but comprehensive manner. Read through the chapter before making notes, not copying them along the way. Try mind mapping!



------> My stack of notes. I tend to squeeze as many words into one page as possible, as you can see.








9. Making a booklet of mistakes



This is so important.

This tip goes in tandem with doing past year papers. When you think about it, the entire point of doing past year papers is to MAKE MISTAKES. So that during the actual exam, you would not repeat the SAME MISTAKE.

I, for one, am so used to doing exercises that I almost always forget the point of doing them in the first place, which is to make mistakes.

In fact, don't think of them as mistakes. Think of them as improved answers. IGCSE is all about understanding the marking scheme and understanding the key words. Heck, if y'all look at the marking scheme you would know that they literally circle the key words in your answers and award marks accordingly.

Booklet of mistakes. Trust me on this one.




10. Exercise




As the IGCSE exams draw near, some of us may become more and more preoccupied with revision and completing tons of past year papers to the extent that we halt all social / extra-curricular activities because of 'lack of time'.

So here's my tip: Exercise daily.

In all honesty, exercising is not only (i) good for your health, it is also (ii) good for revision. Trust me, I used to exercise 2 to 3 times a day (short bursts of exercise) in intervals between studying. I felt SO much better, fresher & more energetic after exercising.

I'm pretty sure you guys know the importance of exercising ^^ Just putting it out there that it does help loads during revision period. Clears your mind of all the toxic what not.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and I'll update soon! :)



Jie Fei

Check out the entire series!











Comments

  1. Jeff I lerv u thankieww so muh -anonymous fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. could you please recommend any good workshop on science subjects organized by anyone/any group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Workshop no but do check out youtube channels such as khan academy and crash course ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Komsas Tingkatan 4: Antologi Jaket Kulit Kijang Dari Istanbul

Novel Tingkatan 5 : Novel Tirani

Tajuk-tajuk Karangan